Climate of Lhasa, Tibet, China Average Weather
- Lhasa, Tibet, China is at 29°40'N, 91°8'E, 3650 m (11975 ft). See map.
- Lhasa, Tibet has a mid-latitude steppe/ semi-arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Lhasa, Tibet is situated in or near the boreal moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 7.5 degrees Celsius (45.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.6 °C (31.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 420.5 mm (16.6 inches) which is equivalent to 420.5 Litres/m² (10.31 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Lhasa, Tibet you would come out nearest to the climate station at San Juan Bautista, Robinson Crusoe Island, Juan Fernández Islands where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Lhasa, Tibet, China Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Changdu, China - 601.5 kms (373.8 miles) ENE
- Dibrugarh/ Mohanbari, India - 450.2 kms (279.8 miles) ESE
- Dibrugarh, Assam, India - 443.1 kms (275.3 miles) ESE
- Putao, Myanmar - 666.4 kms (414.1 miles) ESE
- Guwahati, India - 399.1 kms (248 miles) S
- Khamti, Myanmar - 606.4 kms (376.8 miles) SE
- Myitkyina, Myanmar - 781.1 kms (485.4 miles) SE
- Cherrapunji, India - 494.7 kms (307.4 miles) S
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India - 494.7 kms (307.4 miles) S
- Homalin, Myanmar - 651.6 kms (404.9 miles) SE
- Katha, Myanmar - 799.6 kms (496.9 miles) SE
- Kalewa, Myanmar - 785 kms (487.8 miles) SSE