Lhasa, Tibet Climate & Temperature
- Lhasa, Tibet, China is at 29°40'N, 91°8'E, 3650 m (11975 ft). See map.
- Lhasa, Tibet has a mid-latitude steppe/ semi-arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Lhasa, Tibet is situated in or near the boreal moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 7.5 degrees Celsius (45.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.6 °C (31.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 420.5 mm (16.6 inches) which is equivalent to 420.5 Litres/m² (10.31 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Lhasa, Tibet you would come out nearest to the climate station at San Juan Bautista, Robinson Crusoe Island, Juan Fernández Islands where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Lhasa, Tibet, China Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Changdu, China - 601.5 kms (373.8 miles) ENE
- Dibrugarh/ Mohanbari, India - 450.2 kms (279.8 miles) ESE
- Dibrugarh, Assam, India - 443.1 kms (275.3 miles) ESE
- Putao, Myanmar - 666.4 kms (414.1 miles) ESE
- Guwahati, India - 399.1 kms (248 miles) S
- Khamti, Myanmar - 606.4 kms (376.8 miles) SE
- Myitkyina, Myanmar - 781.1 kms (485.4 miles) SE
- Cherrapunji, India - 494.7 kms (307.4 miles) S
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India - 494.7 kms (307.4 miles) S
- Homalin, Myanmar - 651.6 kms (404.9 miles) SE
- Katha, Myanmar - 799.6 kms (496.9 miles) SE
- Kalewa, Myanmar - 785 kms (487.8 miles) SSE